Tap and Die Handle Set
Find a Top Quality Tap and Die Handle Set Here!
You already have the taps and dies, but you need a tap and die handle set to be able to use them to do your threading job.
Taps and dies require specially designed handles to hold and operate them correctly. Purchasing them individually can be unnecessarily expensive. And finding the right sizes to fit your threading tools makes the task a bit more challenging.
I’ve been a tool and die maker for more years than I care to admit. And over those years I have accumulated a large assortment of both taps and dies. I purchased each one separately as a particular job I was working on required.
I had to purchase the tap handles and die stocks separately. At that time you couldn’t just purchase the handles as a set. You had to purchase a whole set that included taps, dies, as well as the handles.
Fortunately, there are a few companies that offer quality made Tap and Die Handle Sets that saves money instead of buying them separately like I did.
Here are three products that I recommend. Each set offers well thought-out features to accommodate the professional tradesman or the novice DIY home workshop person.
SATA 5 Piece Ratcheting 3/8” Drive Tap & Die Handle Set
- Ratcheting Die Handle: Ergonomically designed to hold round or hex dies and included tap adaptor; 72 ratchet clicks eliminate hand-over-hand turning; Reversing Lever to easily reverse direction; Patented Twist Lock Guide System reduces die “walk back” and keeps the dies centered while cutting; Auto Locking System securely retains the dies or tap adaptors in place and allows for easy removal
- (2) Tap Adapters: Use with Ratcheting Die Handle or with included T-Bar
- Molded Plastic Storage/Carry Case
The SATA Tap and Die Handle Set, Model ST50402 is a 5 Piece set works with medium size round or hex-shaped dies. It includes a Ratcheting Die Stock with over molded handles that lets you reverse direction with the flip of a lever. Each click is 5 degrees for more precise threading.
Two Tap Adapters accommodate small and medium size taps. They are designed to be used with the ratcheting Die Stock which holds them securely in place. The Tap Adapters can also be used with a standard 3/8” ratchet wrench (Not included) or you can use them with the included T-Bar.
The SATA 5 Piece Ratcheting 3/8” Drive Tap & Die Handle Set, Model ST50402 is a thoughtfully designed tool set that makes threading easier and faster.
IRWIN Performance Tap and Die Handle Set, 4935055
- Quick-Set Die Handle: Securely retains dies or Tap Sockets without the use of traditional set screws
- (2) Adjustable Tap Sockets: Use with Die Handle or with included T-Bar, or with 3/8” ratchet drive (not included) for versatile threading
- Standard (SAE) and Metric Thread Gauges: Easily identify thread pitch for correct tap or die
- Die Spacer: Use with Quick Set Die Handle to accommodate traditional dies
- Plastic Storage Case
The IRWIN Performance Tap and Die Handle Set, 4935055 includes two adjustable tap sockets that can be used with the Die Wrench or the T-Handle. They can also be used with a 3/8” drive socket wrench (not included). A standard SAE and a Metric thread gauge are included to check the thread pitch.
This quality set can be use with Irwin dies or install the included Spacer so it can also be used with traditional dies.
Take a Peek at this IRWIN Promo Video
The IRWIN Performance Tap and Die Handle Set, 4935055 is top quality and will stand up to a machine shop environment.
GEARWRENCH Ratcheting 5 Piece Tap and Die Drive Handle Set, 3880
- Ratcheting T-Wrench: Securely holds round and hex shaped dies and Tap Sockets. Turn with 5 degree swing arc; Reversing Lever eliminates hand-over-hand turning; Twist Lock Guide System reduces die “Walk Back” and keeps dies centered while turning; Die Adapters also work with the 3/8″ drive Gearwrench Pass-Thru ratchet and socket system as well as socket accessories. Auto-Lock Feature securely holds tool and easily releases
- (2) Tap Sockets: Use in Ratcheting T-Wrench or with included T-Bar, or extend the reach by using with any standard 3/8 In. drive extension
- Socket Adaptor: Accommodates dies and tap sockets
- Blow molded Storage Case
The GEARWRENCH Ratcheting 5 Piece Tap and Die Drive Handle Set is a professional grade threading system that will accommodate small to medium size round or hex dies and taps.
The Ratcheting T-Wrench is beautifully finished with over molded handles for maximum comfort. Use this handle to hold round or hex shaped dies. The ratcheting mechanism is divided into 72, 5 degree increments for precise threading. A flick of the lever lets you reverse the tool to back off and cut the chip or remove the die when finished.
For tapping operations chose the medium or large Tap Socket and lock in to the Ratcheting T-Wrench. If you are threading in tight, hard to reach places you can drive the handle with any standard 3/8” ratcheting wrench. Or, if you prefer, use the included T-Bar in the Tap Sockets.
The GEARWRENCH Ratcheting 5 Piece Tap and Die Drive Handle Set, 3880 thoughtfully designed for the professional tradesman or the home workshop.